About Marie H. Kramer
Marie has over twenty years of experience performing legal research and writing. Marie has prepared an extensive number of legal memoranda, client advisory letters, position papers, and briefs in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, California, and other state and federal trial courts. She has prepared appellate briefs in all of the Pennsylvania state courts of appeals, as well as the Third and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Marie has experience in personal injury litigation, wrongful death, family law, commercial law, contracts, education, employment, and copyright and trademark protection, and she is pursuing her interest in cultural heritage protection and art law.
Before opening Kramer Legal Briefs / Law Office of Marie H. Kramer in 2005, Marie worked as a civil litigator for nine years, where she represented manufacturers, insurers, employers, property owners and individuals in federal and state courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- State of California – 2007
- State of New Jersey – 1998
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania – 1996
- Commonwealth of Virginia – 1994
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Third Circuit and Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the District of New Jersey, and the Northern District of California
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Montgomery American Inn of Court
- Philadelphia County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- ABA International: Art & Cultural Heritage Law Committee
- Lawyers’ Committee for Cultural Heritage
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyer for the Arts
- Product Liability Desk Reference, Aspen Publ. Contributing Editor PA Chapter (2004 – 2007)
- Advanced Legal Writing – CLE, Montgomery County Bar Association (2010)
- First Place Business Plan Winner – “Starting a Successful Woman-Owned Business” Montgomery County Community College, sponsored by Harleysville National Bank & Trust (2005).
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine (2005 – 2007)
- The George Washington University National Law Center, Washington, DC
- J.D. with honors — May 1994
- Student Attorney, Domestic Violence Advocacy Clinic
- Student Mediator, Consumer Mediation Clinic
- J.D. with honors — May 1994
- The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.A. Advertising, School of Communications, magna cum laude – May 1991
- Assistant Marketing Director, WPSU Public Radio
- Art Law, Sotheby’s Institute of Art, London, UK
- Diploma of Art Law, Institute of Art & Law, UK
- Art Appreciation, Art Institute, UK
Daller Greenberg & Dietrich, LLP, Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Associate/Of Counsel – 1996 – 2009
Litigated in the fields of products liability, toxic torts, employment, contracts/commercial, class actions, advertising and premises liability. Represented and advised national corporations as regional counsel in both state and federal courts on complex litigation matters. Responsible for own caseload, which included conducting mediations, depositions, briefing and arguing dispositive motions, and successfully trying arbitrations and a jury trial.
Alexandria Circuit Court, Alexandria, Virginia
Judicial Law Clerk – 1994-1996
Prepared bench memoranda for civil, family and criminal matters by analyzing legal issues and making recommendations to the judges for motions, including demurrers, motions for summary judgment, pleas in bar, and criminal suppression motions. Attended motion arguments and trials to assist judges in rulings.
Office of the City Attorney, Alexandria, Virginia
Law Clerk – 1993-1994
Assisted attorneys in preparing legal opinions, pleadings, discovery, and city ordinances. Researched and prepared memoranda analyzing employment complaints (EEOC, Title VII, ADA), municipal issues, including property tax assessments, zoning and cable franchise renewal.
Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Washington, DC
Legal Intern, Division of Advertising Practices – Summer 1993
Prepared memoranda, reviewed scientific data, drafted subpoena in non-public investigation of alleged false advertising, and initiated investigation of unfair advertisements.
Legal Intern, Division of Service Industry Practices – Summer 1992
Analyzed documents produced in discovery to initiate civil actions against entities suspected of art fraud.
Haley, Bader & Potts, Washington, DC
Summer Law Clerk – Summer 1992
Researched and prepared memoranda regarding FCC regulatory issues. Drafted informational memos to update clients on communications law.